GENOVASI DESIGN THINKING
POSTGRADUATE PROGRAM - CONVENTIONAL
Master's Program - Open and distance learning
Doctor of Philosophy (Art and Design) (Conventional)
MQA/PA15472(3/27) I N/0210/8/0001 (5/29)
PhD (Arts and Design) As a PhD student you will undertake advanced research work that contribute to a significant new knowledge in a chosen field. This qualification will set you apart from other qualifications as you will be in the forefront in term of knowledge and understanding of a particular research area. Our PhD (Arts and Design) provides opportunity for students to carry out in-depth investigation into specific areas related to arts and design discipline with the aim of enhancing and contributing to new knowledge. Upon completion you will show significant improvement in your research, analytical and presentation skills that are valuable in academics and arts and design career.
January, May, September
Full Time: 3 Years
Part Time: 4-6 Years
You may choose any of the following research areas or other areas that can be considered on case-to-case basis:
• Arts, Design, and Cultural Management
• Graphic Design
• Industrial Design
• Ceramic Design
• Textile Design
• Fine Metal
• Puppetry, Art and Creativity
• Art Education
• Architectural And Environmental Design
Area of Research
You may choose any of the following research areas or other areas that can be considered on a case-to-case basis:
Human Resource Management
- A Master’s Degree [Level 7, Malaysian Qualifications Framework (MQF)] in the field or related fields accepted by the Higher Education Provider (HEP) Senate; or
- Other qualifications equivalent to a Master’s Degree (Level 7, MQF) that is accepted by the HEP Senate. AND
- Pass an interview OR submission of portfolio determined by the HEP as required.
- Candidates without a related qualification in the field’s or working experience in the relevant fields must undergo appropriate prerequisite courses determined by the HEP
A Bachelor’s Degree with the following conditions:
- A Bachelor’s Degree (Level 6, MQF) in the field or related fields with first-class (CGPA of 3.67 or higher) or its
equivalent from an academic or Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) programme;
- Undergo internal assessment; and
- Any other requirements of the HEP.
Bachelor’s Degree (Level 6, MQF) candidates who are registered for Master’s Degree (Level 7, MQF) programmes may apply to convert to the doctoral degree programmes subjected to the following conditions:
- Within one year for full time and within two years for part-time candidates;
- Having shown competency and capability in conducting research at doctoral level through rigorous internal evaluation by the HEP; and
- Approval of the HEP Senate.
English Competency Requirement (International Student) Achieve a minimum Band 4 in The Malaysian University English Test (MUST) OR equivalent.
Ready to kickstart your education journey?
Talk to us and begin your enrollment application process at Genovasi University College.